Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Starting out

In case you were wondering about my inspiration and plans for this blog...

My daughter -- a fine blogger in her own right -- and I were having a little discussion about the word "irony". I thought the phrase "common anomaly" would be a good example to hopefully bolster her understanding of this new word. I mentioned that the phrase simply plays on the irony of the two words -- in my case, using "Common Anomaly" as a blog title is really a way to wink to all of you intellectuals out there surfing the Web.

Now that Common Anomaly is a reality, what do I write about? I have so many things that I could write about -- work, family, sports, religion/faith, current events, politics -- but the last thing I want is to be psycho-analyzed via a bunch of quirky, all-over-the-map posts which could easily diagnose me as intellectual (a good thing) yet unstable (much less so)!

So...after giving it some thought, I'm leaning towards talking "family" with some occasional excursions into the worlds of "sports" and "current events". So with that said, keep your eyes out for future posts and pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Dad!

    Continue to inspire her, and you never know what may prosper from your fruits that have been deposited.

    ReplyDelete