Monday, May 24, 2010

Sowing and Waiting

I think one of the great moments of parenthood is seeing your planted seeds take root and grow in your kids. It comes in flashes -- brief moments which could easily be missed if you're not looking for it.

I've had quite a few of those moments recently. I hesitate to speak of them because, like a young flower, I fear that they're way too fragile and I'm passionately risk-averse! Instead, I pray for them and trust God to continue to order their steps. What I can say is...

  • Thing 1 (the eldest) is finding his identity and his voice. Praying hard for his breakthrough!
  • Thing 2 (the princess) is blossoming in almost every way! Her light bulb isn't just "on", it's radiating.
  • Thing 3 (the toddler-in-charge) lightens up the room when he marches in. Yes, he marches.
  • Thing 4 (the infant) does what babies do -- look cute.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. What about Thing 5 (You) - Shining in every direction --- that is, full of life, joy, and may I dare say, peace (even if it's only for a season, a short-season).

    I pray that God meets you at the fork in the road and turn you towards your destiny. Do you know what you're here for?

    ReplyDelete